As someone who is dedicated to providing the highest quality of service at all times, I am always intimately involved in a project, and oversee and monitor it until both I and the client are completely satisfied. The foundation of my success lies in my talent and passion for graphic design. In every company I work with I not only bring new energy, fresh ideas and a different way of thinking, I also guide them to achieving their full potential.
With a well deserved reputation for getting projects no matter how large or small, done on time, I flourish with planning and coordinating all project phases from conception, through design and execution.
AS, June 2001
Coursework included: Illustration, Design Layout, Typography, Art and Design concepts, Color Theory, Print Production, 3D Design, and Photo Retouching, Art History
September 2018 – December 2019
- Applied accessibility standards to forms, notices, and publications to ensure they were compliant with Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and WCAG 2.1.
- Identified issues related to form accessibility and functionality and develop solutions to resolve issues prior to submitting for final departmental accessibility testing.
- Wrote the most complex source code, to ensure all form fields have accurate label elements and/or prompts.
- Performed unit accessibility testing and debugging during the forms development lifecycle, utilized various accessibility software testing tools such as JAWS and NVDA.
- Applied and manipulated appropriate technological solutions to create and remediate interactive and accessible forms for the department’s website and web applications.
- Collaborated with business and technical partners throughout the department and worked in accordance with Enterprise Publication Process.
December 2015 – September 2018
- Managed the design workflow of five community newspapers, which are printed nine times a month.
- Administered proficiency in elements and principals of graphic design to create page layouts and meet rigorous deadlines.
- Coordinated with pre-press specialists in the design and pre-flight of ads in traditional and electronic publications to ensure timely delivery for reproduction.
- Troubleshot independently and collaboratively, software and hardware issues to maximize efficiency and minimize downtime.
- Collaborated with departmental program areas to identify, learn and fully understand customer needs to maximize timeliness and effectiveness of deliverables.
- Communicated daily, both orally and in writing, with colleagues and a divers clientele to reconcile design issues.
January 2001 - Present
- Designed and laid out newspapers, logos, business cards, letterheads, t-shirts, CD packaging, webpages, digital newsletters, labels, invitations, and wedding stationary.
- Print set up, print brokering.
August 2001 – December 2015
- Managed the art department and workflow of scheduled and special publications.
- Designed and created FileMaker Pro databases to schedule ads and track revenue.
- Planned, coordinated and led meetings with the sales department to boost revenue.
- Developed social media marketing tactics to increase readership.
- Instituted an email and online digital forms marketing strategy, which resulted in a five-fold increase in revenue over the prior year. The publication is now thirty-two full color pages.
October 2014 - August 2017
- Created custom branding and logo design for the business.
- Designed and produced custom graphic artwork such as a-frames, t-shirts, posters, class schedules for print, newsletters for both print and web, and other business marketing tools.
- Multi-tasked assignments and met strict deadlines.
- Managed web design, and created web content and social media designs.